Saturday, September 18, 2010

February Baby Cardigan

There was less swearing once I got into knitting it.

And it's finished,
February Cardigan

I have to say it was a bit of a trial occasionally and is a prime example of having to read the pattern several times before launching yourself at it. Buttonholes are necessaryand you need to be thinking of them almost from the off. I used Weezalana's notes a lot while knitting and did knit the sleeves in the round as well. Once you get into the swing of the pattern it is relatively easy.

This is for my cousin's baby who was born this week. It's knit in James C Bret's Pure Merino, a machine washable yarn, the buttons are from my stash. I hope she likes it.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the colour. I agree that it's a confusing pattern sometimes, but the finished result is really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. The colour is just perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sinead thanks, it's a lovely colour but it's 6ply and it's very very splitty. However it's very squishable.

    @WrapNturn thanks, I may have to buy more some time, it was only €4.95 per ball, I'd say it would be a lovely full-sized cardigan!

    ReplyDelete