Friday, June 24, 2011

Star Booties

I recently acquired a copy of the new Schoolhouse Press book, Knit One, Knit All. Apparently this was the book EZ always wanted to publish, but never got round to, so her daughter Meg and her grandson Cully have done the honours for her.

I plan on reviewing it very soon, but I couldn't wait long enough to cast on for these:



Pattern: Star Booties by Elizabeth Zimmermann

Yarn: Jamieson & Smith 2 ply Jumperweight, scraps of three colours

Needles: 3.5mm Addi circulars

A super quick knit, they only took a couple of hours each.


At first glance, it looks a bit of a mess, but with a little EZ magic, all becomes clear:





Aren't they fab? I was concerned that the foot looked a little long, but I'm sure once they're on chubby baby feet they will look great.




I love them. They remind me of the Baby Surprise Jacket due to the little bit of magic at the end, but mostly I love them because they're cute.





Good knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment